Pay attention to choosing mattresses
hya hya.com 2018-08-13 11:32:41
For the elderly whose bones begin to degenerate, the choice of mattress is recommended to do the following five points:
(1) Hard mattress is better, according to the sleeping habits and physiological characteristics of the elderly, it is more appropriate to choose a mattress with a higher hardness. Sleeping on a bed that is too soft, the weight of the human body will cause the bed to form a low middle and high surroundings, which will affect the normal physiological flexion of the lumbar spine of the elderly, causing contraction, tension and spasm of the waist muscles and ligaments, thereby aggravating the waist discomfort. . Moreover, the physical condition of the elderly has begun to degenerate, and the bed that is too soft is prone to fall, which will make it difficult to get up when it gets up and lie down.
(2) The body curve matches the mattress. Let the old man lie flat, the family put his hand into his neck, back, waist and hips to the bottom of the thigh to see if there is a gap; then turn over and touch whether the body parts fit the mattress.
(3) Coir mattresses are preferred. Coir mattress has moderate hardness and is the first choice for the elderly to choose a mattress because of its warm, cool, breathable, moisture-absorbing, elastic and long-lasting durability. Among them, the all-brown fiber elastic mattress made of mountain brown silk or coir silk has better air permeability and water permeability, and can be kept bedding in winter, and is good for heat dissipation in summer, and achieves the effect of warm winter and cool summer.
(4) The mattress is of a suitable size. The height should be 20 cm in height. When purchasing a mattress for the elderly, the height factor should be considered, and the space for putting pillows and hands and feet should be left. The height of the individual plus 20 cm is the most appropriate size for the elderly to sleep. It's easier and less stressful.
(5) If the mattress cover and the bed cover are purchased in the elderly, the selection of colors is also very important. It is generally recommended that the color of the mattress cover or bed cover of the elderly should be light orange, one can enhance the appetite and enhance the absorption of calcium; at the same time, it can make people happy; and the blue mattress cover And bedspreads can also help with headaches, fever and insomnia.