Excessive formaldehyde: Does the coir mattress contain formaldehyde?
Cheapest mattress fabric supplier China
Recently, the news has frequently reported that the formaldehyde contained in the mattress has caused poisoning incidents. This news has caused people to pay attention to the formaldehyde content in the mattress. Most of the formaldehyde over-standard events are caused by excessive amounts of harmful chemicals such as formaldehyde after excessive use of adhesives to increase the hardness of the mattress. Among them, coir mattress is the most widely used mattress, and whether the mattress contains formaldehyde is the most concerned topic.
First, by smelling the taste can distinguish the presence of formaldehyde?
Authentic natural coir mattress does not contain formaldehyde, but because the coir mattress is soft, the support is relatively weak. Many merchants increase the hardness of the mattress and excessively use the adhesive, resulting in excessive formaldehyde in the mattress. Formaldehyde exceeds the standard with a pungent odor, which is very irritating to the human eye and nose. It is one of the simplest and common methods to smell the mattress. However, the formaldehyde with lower concentration is not easy to be smelled, but it is easy to cause chronic poisoning, liver poisoning, etc. in the environment where the concentration of formaldehyde is low but exceeds the standard. It is more likely to cause close contact with the mattress during nighttime sleep. The impact directly affects the health of the body.
China printing Pongee mattress fabric supplier
Second, mattress knowledge of formaldehyde
1, formaldehyde exceeds the standard hazard
According to the survey, 80% of the coconut palm mattresses in the market have excessive formaldehyde content, and the excessive formaldehyde has serious harm to the human body. Short-term exposure to low concentrations of formaldehyde may cause headaches, dizziness, weakness of limbs, decreased immunity, and chronic poisoning, respiratory dysfunction, and hepatocyte damage. If it is in a high concentration of formaldehyde, it will cause a variety of cancers, such as nasal cancer, blood cancer, lymphoma and so on. The mattress has the longest contact time with the human body, and it is very close. The formaldehyde in the mattress is easy to cause harm to human health.
2, the method of removing formaldehyde from the mattress
(1) If the mattress contains formaldehyde, there is no need to worry too much. The boiling point of formaldehyde is low, about 19 degrees Celsius, and it is volatile. It is one of the most common and effective methods to remove formaldehyde by basking in the vent.
(2) The active bamboo charcoal has strong adsorption, can absorb various odors such as formaldehyde, and can effectively remove formaldehyde by placing bamboo charcoal under or around the mattress;
(3) Formaldehyde in the mattress will volatilize in the air, causing air pollution. At the same time, the inhalation of formaldehyde in the air may cause hidden dangers to human health. Plants have the effect of absorbing formaldehyde. Several plants can be placed indoors. Removal of formaldehyde from the air provides a double guarantee for human health.
China Mattress components factory
3, the precautions in the use of coir mattress
(1) Most mattresses contain formaldehyde. For this phenomenon, it is recommended that you put the mattress in the vents for more than 3 hours before use, which can volatilize the formaldehyde in the mattress.
(2) During the use of the mattress, it should be periodically turned over and placed in the ventilator to expose the sun to prevent the mattress from being unevenly stressed and collapsing or damp, resulting in the growth of harmful substances such as bacteria.